Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Pinterecipe mood: 2 ingredients chocolate cupcake

Who’s not familiar with Pinterest? Well I guess no one! I myself have always been hooked with this site, and it also came to a point where I've spent half of my day pinning and surfing. {You can follow me here}


So one day, I was in a baking mood and have decided to try this 2 ingredients cupcake. Yes you heard me right only two ingredients!!!
You only require:

1. cake mix
2. pure canned pumpkin

Original recipe calls for a cake mix but apparently I don’t have one, so I just use the muffin chocolate mix, hoping that it will also work…

So here’s the step-by-step procedure:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the 2 ingredients.
3. Grease your muffin tin and line it with your cupcake liners.
4. Spoon into greased muffin tin and (optional) top with some chocolate chips or walnuts.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.


Verdict: I find it OK, but it didn’t really WOWed me. It’s not fluffy (unlike what others are saying) and it is somehow a moist texture (but not really moist). For me sweetness is just OK for my preferences. But my hubby and my friend said that it needs more sugar. So if you have a sweet tooth, I guess you have to modify this and add some more chocolate chips or sugar. But overall, it’s OK considering that it’s so easy to make and it’s a healthy alternative to your normal cupcake/muffin. Next time, I will try to make it with a cake mix (as the original recipe calls), maybe result will be different.
But I'd still recommend that you give it a try, especially during the days where you crave for some sweets.

xoxo

Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Everythingtastiful