Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Organized...

As much as I love cooking, make-ups or other girly things, I am also somehow an organize junkie.

These are the things that I have accomplished for the past weeks:

FIRST: Labeling the key:

I've seen this pin a lot:


I was about to do the same thing, but then when I saw these cute key caps, I’ve changed my mind… 

so this how my keys look like before, a plain unlabeled boring keys:


and after:


two adorable monkey caps, paired with my cute london keychain.

SECOND: entry hallway

I’ve noticed that we have 2 common everyday problems in the house:
1. finding annoying shoes next to the door; and
2. misplacing the keys

So what solution I thought? Time to get a shoe storage unit! But since our apartment is small only, I need to look for a unit that would perfectly fit and will function not only as a shoe storage but would also function for other needs. Luckily I found one on sale!

This how it looks before:



And after:


This is how we organized now our everyday shoes, this solves our problem number 1.


On the top of the shelf, the plates are dedicated for our keys, so this solves problem number 2, now no more misplacing of keys.

In addition, I also placed a mail holder, well actually its a napkin holder! (wink) but just flip it over and made it as a letterholder so the labels won't show. (Sometimes we just need to think outside the box, things are not just meant for a certain things, you have to explore and think for its other use.) Well this napkin holder does the trick for holding our mails.


And printed this inspirational quote about our home just a simple reminder..., which I really love!



THIRD: 

Last thing I’ve recently accomplished is organizing my bags. For awhile now, I’ve been wanting to get a dresser for my bags. I used to just put them in a small part of my dresser and some are just floating around the room (which is very annoying!), but after my recent purchase of bags the space is not enough anymore. And like I said we don’t have enough space, so I need to consider the available space we got in the room.

Found a shoe cabinet, which I think will do the trick as my bag dresser. And it perfectly fits the corner where I planned to put it.

So this how it looks like before (sorry for the bad picture and with all the mess...)



and after:



Inside the drawer, I placed some of my jewelries and I have also placed some boxes to organized my scarf and camis. By the way, I keep sturdy boxes, and reuse them as a storage and as a divider.





And finally, my bags are organized! So now, I can see what I have and this makes my life easy in selecting what bag I want to use and plus this helps my bag to be in good condition.
For work, I pretty much change bag every week


On the top, I placed some plates and some ring/bracelet holder to organized my jewelries. I also decorate it with candle and some pictures. and I also placed the book which is also nice as a decorative item and it also serves as a simple reminder for me that - "everything is going to be OK..."


Found this plate in Daiso (a Japanese shop), used it as my watch/jewelry holder, it does the trick!

The ceramic hand is supposed to be a pen holder, but decided to used it as my ring holder.



That's what I have accomplished for this past weeks...
What about you what is your recent home organization project? or do you have any organizing tips or tricks? would love to know!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Everythingtastiful